Structural funds research
Sector: State and local governments
EVALUATION AND DEVELOPMENT OF METHODOLOGIES REGARDING CALCULATION AND APPLICATION OF SIMPLIFIED COSTS OPTIONS IN EUROPEAN STRUCTURAL FUNDS PROJECTS
To evaluate the experience regarding application of simplified costs options within ESF projects in 2007 – 2013, options of new legal framework and develop methodology for calculation and application of simplified costs option for the ESF planning period 2014 – 2020.
Within the project, the following work was performed:
- interviews with the institutions responsible for EU Funds, cooperation institutions and recipients of the funding regarding the experience in project implementation within 2007- 2013 and projects planned within 2014 – 2020;
- analysis of the regulatory enactments of the European Union and the Republic of Latvia regarding registration of ESF project costs;
- summary and analysis of the experience of other countries in registration of the ESF project costs;
- analysis of the specific support targets of the programme of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Latvia “Growth and Employment”;
- development of the simplified costs options method and preparation of proposals for drafting Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers regarding application of simplified costs.
Methodologies were developed to simplify project cost calculation, which will decrease the following during the ESF planning period 2014 - 2020:
- the resources of beneficiaries necessary for drafting reports;
- the resources of the project supervision institutions necessary for document checks;
- time from submission of the application to the institution supervising the payments until reception of the funding;
- errors in registration of project costs.