Development of IT architecture and specifications; IT implementation support
Sector: Transport and logistics
DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIFICATIONS FOR FREIGHT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (KPIS) AND SUPERVISION OF DEVELOPMENT OF KPIS
The Freight Management Information System (KPIS) ensures electronic freight management, an electronic portal for employees and customers, as well as an integration platform and integration processes, including the processes of data exchange with the information systems of institutions in Latvia, Russia and the European Union.
The following work was performed within the project:
- study of the existing situation;
- development of the conceptual and detailed architecture of the information system;
- development of the technical specifications for the infrastructure;
- development of the technical specifications for procurement;
- drafting of the procurement documents;
- evaluation of the following documents included in technical proposals within the procurement;
- KPIS implementation plan;
- KPIS project schedule;
- KPIS software configuration management plan;
- KPIS quality assurance plan;
- KPIS software requirement specifications;
- KPIS users’ manual;
- KPIS administrator’s manual;
- KPIS continuity plan;
- KPIS maintenance procedures.
Within the project, KPIS was implemented for State JSC “Latvian Railway”, and the system ensures:
- management of customers and contracts;
- planning of freights and wagons;
- delivery and acceptance of freights;
- processes on way, a delivery station and a terminal.
The consulting services within the project were aimed at the identification of the customer’s needs, analysis of technical solutions (alternatives), support in procurement processes and implementation of the project – project management, technical consultations and quality assurance, including quality control of deliverables, testing of KPIS functional and non-functional (security and performance) aspects.
The developed KPIS solution will serve for State JSC “Latvian Railway” as a platform for further deployment of the customer service portal and integration platform for technical processes, supporting also processes beyond the freight management.
Projekta realizācijas laiks