Sector research; Development of IT architecture and specifications
Sector: State and local governments
CONCEPTUAL SOLUTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF UNIFIED PLATFORM FOR DELIVERY AND MAINTENANCE OF AUDIO AND VISUAL MATERIALS
To develop conceptual solutions for a unified platform for delivery and maintenance of audio and visual materials
The following work was carried out within the project:
- Analysis of similar platforms in Europe.
- Determination of the framework for the platform – the components that would be necessary to evaluate for the purpose of inclusion in the unified platform for delivery and maintenance of audio and visual materials.
- Examination of the legal framework for the development of the platform and restrictions and/or provisions arising from it, including examination of the regulatory enactments.
- Examination of the substantiation for the development of the platform, including:
- examination of the needs and options for the Culture Information Systems Centre;
- interviews with potential users of the platform and content providers to analyze the existing process of distribution of Latvian films and identify the most significant problems and possible solutions.
- Development of a general action model, including the definition of the range of services and cost determination principles.
- Conceptual analysis and examination of high-level technological solutions of the available and planned information systems of the Culture Information Systems Centre.
- Development of the functional and management model for the development and maintenance of the platform.
- Examination of the financial mechanisms for the development and maintenance of the platform.
As a result, the report was prepared on the platform for delivery and maintenance of the unified audio and visual platform that included the substantiation and possible technological, financial, functional and management mechanisms, as well as the restrictions and benefits of developing and maintaining such platform.